
I read the book Meet the Austins because Marie from Fireside Musings recommended it to me on a library visit we took last week to kill time.
Meet the Austins is set in the hustle and bustle of the Austins' home.The family all lives happily together with the four children and their mother and father. There are four children in the family: Vicky-the kind sister, John-the brains of the family, Suzy-who is set on being a doctor, and Rob-the young, sweet brother. The Austins decide to adopt a troubled girl named Maggy. She is violenta and very tough to get along with. Having been an only child, Maggy doesn't know how to live with a family. She must learn how to get along with a family and not always be dying for attention. The family learns how to all stick together and get along as a whole.
I enjoyed the book because I liked the realistic elements that came along with being in a large family. It wasn't my favorites but I enjoyed it. I can definitely relate to being in a family and having to make adjustments. My sister moves in and out for college; home for the summer and away for the school year. Also, me and my sisters used to argue all the time. None of us got along until the two of my older sisters moved out. Now we all get along like sisters should.

0 comments:
Post a Comment